Ornans and surrounding area
Ornans and the Vallée de la Loue
mysterious and enchanting, emotion is found around every corner.
The wild magnitude of the landscape, where the towns and castles dotted along the valley have conserved their typical style and character
like Montgesoye, Lods, Cléron or Moutier haute pierre.
Discover the region and its secrets
If you take the time to look at and to listen, you will discover on your way, a rich and captivating heritage.
You will be able to learn about the local history where culture and traditions perpetuate themselves through museums that will communicate memories of past centuries, such as the museum of Comtois traditional dress, museum of the vine, museum of cheese-making or the museum of our famous regional painter Gustave COURBET.
The Valée de la Loue offers a wide range of activities. For those who enjoy fishing, they will be able to tease trout and grayling, to the sound of waterfalls and nature.
A number of set itineraries also allow for cycling and hiking and if you fancy trying canoeing, climbing or even caving.
Not far from Ornans is the historic city of Besançon, which offers a huge array of museums, visits and of splendid architecture
And then if your heart desires, you will be able to travel the roads of the Franche-Comté visit the Royal Salt works (Salines Royales) at Arc et Senans, the Château de Joux, the Dinozoo, the tool-maker (Taillanderie) at Nans-sous-Sainte-Anne, the medieval city of Nozeroy and its sights, the lakes and waterfalls of the Jura mountains and vineyards producing the famous Jura wine…
Discover the Loue and Lison valley:
Less than 30 mins away
- Official website of the city of Ornans
- Ornans Tourist Office
- Gustave COURBET Museum in Ornans
- Source of the Loue
- Dino Zoo and Gouffre de Poudrey
- Aqua-leisure center Nautiloue Ornans
- Cleron Castle
- The Cheese Hamlet
- The Source of the Lison
- The tool-maker at Nans-sous-Sainte-Anne
- The great saltworks of Salins les Bains
- The Royal Saltworks of Arc et Senans
- Syratu waterfall
- The village of Mouthiers Haute Pierre
Discover the neighboring Haut-Doubs and the Doubs:
30 minutes away or more
- The Citadel of Besançon and its Zoo
- Time Museum in Besançon
- Museum of Fine Arts and Archeology
- The Fly Boats of Besançon
- Museum of Comtois Houses in Nancray
- The Caves of Osselle
- The Castle of Joux
- Saint-Point Lake
- The basins and jump of the Doubs
- The Scales of Death
- The Peugeot Adventure Museum
- Chaux-Neuve Polar Park
- The Mont d’Or Massif
- Arbois Vine and Wine Museum
- Les Campaines amusement park
- Metabief Adventures amusement park
Do not hesitate to contact us for more information, or for our recommendations
about visits and things to discover around the campsite!